Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Genesis 9:5 and the power of diligent bible exegesis to confirm the meaning of a certain scripture. This verse is a standard exam question in most Masters in divinity programs. Study to show yourself approved but your earnest desire to forget God's love of life confirmed in the first few chapters of Genesis as you take your willful confusion as an excuse to kill is evident. So, what did you really believe after the ten commandments? As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end. God hates all divorce and all murder. He is consistent. See Genesis 4.

Google Exegesis.  In all your getting, get understanding.     

Bereshis 9:5Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

5 And surely your dahm of your nefeshot will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the yad haAdam; at the hand of every man’s brother will I require the nefesh haAdam.
__________________________________________

Genesis 9:5English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.
________________________________

Genesis 9:5Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

5 I will certainly demand an accounting for the blood of your lives: I will demand it from every animal and from every human being. I will demand from every human being an accounting for the life of his fellow human being.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.
Genesis 9:5 in all English translations
__________________________

Genesis 9:5American Standard Version (ASV)

5 And surely your blood, the blood of your lives, will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it: and at the hand of man, even at the hand of every man’s brother, will I require the life of man.
_____________________________
Genesis 9:5English Standard Version (ESV)

5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.
__________________________

Genesis 9:5Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

5 For I will require the blood of your lives at the hand of every beast, and at the hand of man, at the hand of every man, and of his brother, will I require the life of man.
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
Public Domain (Why are modern Bible translations copyrighted?)
Genesis 9:5 in all English translations
___________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment