Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Who went to pray...

There is a story of a man or woman who was much like the publican who went to pray.  They said, "...Please Lord, help me to engineer and have control of my life so that no one or even you will judge me for having made any mistakes; that all my stubbornness and unwillingness to acknowledge my misdeeds will be justified; and I know this might mean saying bad things about people and doing other hurtful things so that no one, including you, will think I made any mistakes as it comes to decisions about my former high school friends or high school dates who did not agree with my opinion of my perfection."  Another person went to pray and read Romans 8 over and over again, said "Thank you Lord" and went home.  Someone explained that the only people who you can attack with criminal damage and stories to achieve your image of perfection are people you see on a weekly basis at church, the library, the gym, or hair-dressing salon; no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment